Re: New issue: Need for an HTTP request method registry

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On mån, 2007-08-06 at 17:28 -0700, James M Snell wrote:
>> I don't see what this would buy us.
>
> - Coordination between HTTP extensions, and avoidance of duplicate work.

Yes.

> - An easier path for people to find the meaning of a method without
> everyone having to index the RFCs themselves.

Also, avoiding that people white-list HTTP methods and then forget some
(yes, Microsoft & Opera, I'm talking to you! :-).

BTW, there's
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/common-index.html#rfc.index.M>. But of
course that's not a substitute for a proper registry.

Best regards, Julian