Re: PATCH, Expect, Prefer, etc

I suppose the proxy *could* issue a subsequent GET, it would just be
impossible to ensure that the result is accurate.  E.g. the resource
might be modified between the initial response and the subsequent GET,
which somewhat defeats the purpose of the 209 response (at least when
used with PATCH).  I'm not sure we'd want to encourage this behavior at
all, even in highly controlled environments.

- James