Re: Etag-on-write, 4rd attempt (== IETF draft 03), was: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-http-etag-on-write-03.txt

Speaking for myself, my aversion is to ambiguously-defined weak
ETags.  You could probably define something called "Weak ETags" and
say more about how they work than RFC2616 does, and create something
useful.  I'm sure your idea of what weak ETags do is a sane one and
if everybody agreed we'd have interoperability.  But we've had
interoperability problems around weak ETags and that's the root cause
of my aversion.

Lisa