Re: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

On 10/18/06, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:

> I've also seen a fair amount of private interest in working along
> these lines; not only from people using HTTP for machine-to-machine
> communication (e.g., Atom, AJAX) but also from traditional browser
> and server vendors.

I feel that a bug-fix edition of RFC 2616 would be a worthwhile
exercise. I have seen many implementors waste time on mistakes that
are covered in the errata, which are probably a subset of the issues.

I continue to be concerned by IETF management's attitude towards
security requirements.

--

Robert Sayre