Re: Revising RFC2616 - what's happening

Hi Mark,

thanks for the update on the situation. I personally very much
welcome the effort to make the HTTP/1.1 spec a better HTTP/1.1 spec.

A better spec insofar as to bring the specification and reality even
closer together, making it easier to understand, making it easier to
do compliant, interoperable implementations. It could also help to
stabilize the base that other protocols like APP stand on.

This can only be a success however if the scope stays as you describe
it. Any attempt to go beyond that will awaken tidal forces beyond
human imagination or "open the flood gates" as Roy termed it.

I'm game to contribute what experience I have and some interop test/
coding sounds appealing to me  as well.

Cheers,

Stefan