Re: Connection aborted

"Charumathy Venkatraman" <charumathy_v@lgsoftindia.com> writes:

> Under what conditions would a HTTP server abort a connection from the
> client?
>
> I am testing with a server that intermittently aborts the connection. My
> client fails with the error 10053 (WSAECONNABORTED). I am not able to nail
> down exactly when this happens, but it seems like when I issue a POST which
> the server does not support, it returns error 405 (which I am handling
> fine), and the next time I issue a GET or a POST I get the 10053 error.

The server is free to close the connection whenever it wants to, and
it's not uncommon to see a close following an error.

You might want to look at a network trace to see exactly when the TCP
connection closes relative to when you are sending the next request.
In any event, the client is responsible for opening a new connection
whenever it needs one.

--
Scott Lawrence
  http://skrb.org/scott/