Re: Basic Authentication

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Denero Watz wrote:

> but is passing two values for an Authorization header supported?

Yes and no. Please read RFC 2616. An Authorization header is defined
using a #list construct and, hence, may contain multiple
header-fields. However, as David Morris already pointed out,
Authorization value(s) are for origin server authorization only, not
for the proxy authorization. Furthermore, I do not know how many
origin servers are compliant enough to look at multiple Authorization
values.

Forward proxies will not interpret the contents of the Authorization
header field, regardless of the number of values it contains. Forward
proxies look at Proxy-Authorization only.

HTH,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite