Re: some thoughts on extensions on REQUEST line.

Sanjath <sanjath@itsol.itsprojects.com> writes:

>       So, my thought was to add a line of info, which will provide
>       the language of preference

Take a look at RFC 2068 section 14.4, which describes the Accept-Language
header field in HTTP 1.1.  This allows a client to specify the what
language(s) it will accept for response documents.

>                                  and geographical location if
>       provided by the request originator

This has been discussed before, at least somewhat, but nothing ever came
of it.  If you're interested in the topic, you might start with a
search of the list archives at

Ross Patterson
Sterling Software, Inc.
VM Software Division