Re: ISO-conformant Dates?

At 9:25 PM +0200 1996-08-25, Carl von Loesch wrote:
>Quick suggestion:
>
>There's some ISO standard, don't know which, which suggests to
>use this notation for dates:
>
>	YEAR-MM-DD HH:MM:SS TZ
>
>or something like that.
>
>This format is very handy as you can use lexical comparison
>to compare times.
>
>Therefore it would be a plus to have this in some future
>HTTP version.. Maybe one should introduce acceptance of
>this style with HTTP/1.1 already so one can switch to
>this syntax only sometime in the future..

Yes, this date format is a definite winner, *and* for you bitheads,
it saves a couple of characters in every date header.

We use an ISO hierarchy in our Persistent Document Identifier scheme.
Works nicely to produce chronologically sorted directories world wide
as it provide hierarchy in an identifier.

We also use these for http logging.