To: dsr@w3.org, masinter@parc.xerox.com
Subject: http digest auth + http 1.1?
cc: moore@cs.utk.edu, Harald Alvestrand <hta@uninett.no>
From: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 22:13:43 PDT

Last Thursday, the IESG approved both documents

draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-07.txt, .ps
draft-ietf-http-digest-aa-04.txt

as Proposed Standards.

Is it the intention of the working group that the support for the
digest authentication method should be included as part of http 1.1?

(that is, should compliance with the http 1.1 spec require support for
the digest authentication method?)

I want to make sure that we provide clear instructions to the RFC Editor
which are consistent with the working group's wishes.

thanks,

Keith