RE: (INTEGOK) rough consensus

>----------
>From: 	Roy T. Fielding[SMTP:fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU]
>Subject: 	Re: (INTEGOK) rough consensus

] I like all the suggested wording changes.

>>>      Note: the net result of the above is that the digest is
>>       computed on the content that would be sent over-the-wire, in
>>>      network byte order, but prior to any transfer coding being
>>>      applied.
>
>Why not just say that and leave out the rest?  I think the note is far
>more effective (and more likely to always be accurate) then the
>paragraph
>above it.

How about switching: the note will be the definitive text, the paragraph
above it the explanation/motivational note?

I think the explanaority paragraph is useful to relate RFC 1864 to the
HTTP context; if everyone else thinks its redundant, I can be persuaded
to remove it.

Send me private opinions on the utility -- no need to clutter the list:
a one liner with "useful" or "not useful" will do.

Paul