RE: HTTP Extensions Framework status?

This implies that there are other "ways" on the table.  I have seen
none, and none have been proposed as alternatives.
When functionality is desired, and no other good alternative
shows its head, our obligation is to move forward with the
one that is at hand.
"proposed" means proposed.  If a new scheme comes along
it could easily obsolete the current spec.