RE: webdav versioning help

Ndele:

I am not familiar with the Jakarta implementation, but I will forward
this message to Juergen Pill, who is.

From: Sutton, Ndele [mailto:Ndele.Sutton@citadelgroup.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 5:22 PM
To: 'gclemm@rational.com'
Subject: webdav versioning help

i am trying to version resources using the jarkarta slide webdav server
implementation.  i am having a problems, and i was wondering if you could
help me out?  basically, i am issuing a VERSION-CONTROL request to the
server on a resource that i think is versionable.  my request looks like
this:

VERSION-CONTROL /users/ndele/README HTTP/1.1
Host: sutton2:8081
Connection: Keep-Alive, TE
TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip, x-gzip, compress, x-compress

but i get a response from the server saying "The request sent by the client
was syntactically incorrect (No detailed message)."  other than the last
four headers, my request is identical to the example in rfc 3253 section
3.5.1 (http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3253.html#rfc.section.3.5.1).  i
believe that slide supports versioning.

i was reading a post that you made to ieft-dav-versioning list last july,
and it seems that you have some means of communicating with the server via a
command line utility.  could you tell me what that utility is?  i had to
hack up a client that i got from slide guide (it only supported
propfind/proppatch).

there is an awful lot of information to sift through, much of it hasn't been
updated since 2000 or 2001.  and there are very few concrete examples of how
to use the version control features.  how do you test/use this stuff?

i appreciate any help that you might be able to give.

thanks,

ndele sutton