Re: baselines & namespaces

"Clemm, Geoff" wrote:

> If a server supports version-controlled collections, and if
> a version-controlled collection gave a name to a
> version history, and that version history is the root of a
> subbaseline, then that subbaseline is restored at that location.
> But otherwise, no, the protocol does not require a server to
> preserve anything about the relative locations of subbaselines.

Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't understood from the spec that the (collection) version-history should
imply a baseline, and so had not seen how the version-controlled-binding could
behave as a "baseline-binding".

So,  is the model that there is an association between a baseline and a
version-history, or between a baseline-history and a version-history, or
something else?

If there is an association between a baseline-history and a version-history, is
it constrained to be 1:1 (i.e. the baseline-history and version-history are two
aspects of the same collection - a collection that is both versioned, and the
root of a configuration)?

Do any additional pre- or post- conditions arise from the association?

For example, if /ws/col1 is a non-empty version-controlled collection, that is
baseline-controlled to create baseline /bl/1. Is it illegal to
baseline-control  /ws/col2, an _empty_ version-controlled collection, from
baseline /bl/1? Or does /ws/col2 simply become another name for /ws/col1?

Thanks,
Alison
 The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
 and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.