RE: Feature request for CHECKIN/OUT extension

When using the checkout-in-place feature, the URI of the VCR (that the
client is editing) will not be the same as the URI of the version that is
created upon CHECKIN, right?

> Note that when using working resources (where this is a concern) that we
> have a proposal with the following characteristics:

Maybe there was a misunderstanding here -- I was proposing this for
checkout-in-place, not for working resources.

> A CHECKOUT of a VCR with a <apply-to-version> will cause the working
> resource to track the VCR from which it came, and a subsequent CHECKIN
> of the working resource will checkin the working resource and update the
> vcr.
>
> That seemed to be what you were after, or did you hope for a broader
> ability to do something like this?

It doesn't provide the client the ability to display / insert the URI of the
version that *will* be created upon CHECKIN into the document, or am I
missing something?