RE: Feature request for CHECKIN/OUT extension

Well, I personally expect the CHECKIN URI to be the same as the CHECKOUT
URL.

Note that when using working resources (where this is a concern) that we
have a proposal with the following characteristics:

A CHECKOUT of a VCR with a <apply-to-version> will cause the working
resource to track the VCR from which it came, and a subsequent CHECKIN
of the working resource will checkin the working resource and update the
vcr.

That seemed to be what you were after, or did you hope for a broader
ability to do something like this?

D:expected-ver
> sion-URI>
>   </D:checkout>
>
>   (Note that we would need to define an (optional) response
> body for CHECKOUT).
>

> CHECKIN method:
>

> >>REQUEST
>
>   CHECKIN /foo.html HTTP/1.1
>   Host: www.webdav.org
>
>   <D:checkin xmlns:D="DAV:">
>
> <D:expected-version-URI>http://repo.webdav.org/his/23/ver/32</
D:expected-ver
> sion-URI>
>   </D:checkin>
>
> >>RESPONSE
>
>   HTTP/1.1 201 Created
>   Location: http://repo.webdav.org/his/23/ver/32
>   Cache-Control: no-cache
>
>   or
>
> >>RESPONSE
>
>   HTTP/1.1 409 Forbidden
>   Cache-Control: no-cache
>
>   <D:error xmlns:D="DAV:">
>     <D:cannot-assign-expected-version-URI />
>
> <D:expected-version-URI>http://repo.webdav.org/his/23/ver/33</
D:expected-ver