RE: Feature request for CHECKIN/OUT extension

No, I don't think so. This will get me the URL of the version I checked out,
not the URL of the version that will be created upon CHECKIN.

> my system you are going to get something that looks like
> /_xy-2-1100.4301.docStore1.  Version URL's on my system are most
> definitely not designed to be human readable, and are not intended for
> display.  I've seen other URLs that a different server generates that
> look like /_flaturlspace_/4023-e214 ... You get the idea.

This is fine. I don't have any problems with that format.

> You could ask for the version-name.  On my system you'd get a string
> like 'foo.txt (V5)'.  The version-name is meant to be human readable and
> useful for display, unlike the internal URL.
>
> And Geoff is quite right.  Though I could (and will if you ask for
> checked-out) give you the Version URL, I can easily imagine a system
> that generates a different (permanent) one when it checks it in.

And it's that permanent one I'm interested in. No matter how ugly it looks.