RE: Use of attributes

The reason you describe for putting the info in attributes isn't required;
you could just have easily made the extended information children of <prop>,
next to the property name.

I don't know why the method string wasn't expressed as PCDATA, but it's fine
to invent new stuff for new situations.  Expressing props in XML is an old
situation.

lisa