Re: Option abuse

And also given what Geoff said, it is entirely reasonable for an OPTIONS on
/foo to return an entirely different result than OPTIONS on /bar.

Thus, if the two URLs are served by different servers, or they are simply
configured differently, they can return different workspace-collection-set
values.

IMO, it is still quite ridiculous to do some discovery through OPTIONS, and
other discovery through PROPFIND. OPTIONS is defined to be per-resource (if
you want general server options, the use "*" for the Request-URI).
Arbitrarily classifying a subset of information as "more useful in a Depth:
context, so we'll put it into PROPFIND" is just that: arbitrary. In layman's
terms, that is a synonym for "bogus". :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/