-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
[mailto:ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Clemm, Geoff

A working resource can be created by checking out
an arbitrary version, so in general, it is not
associated with any VCR.

So you do need to support either the update feature
or the merge feature if you support the working resource feature (that
is why the client-side workspace package contains the update feature.