From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 7:43 PM
To: Clemm, Geoff; DeltaV
Subject: RE: Deleting versions

The problem is that the "client that got there before them" may have
permission to alter a workspace, but they may NOT have permission to CREATE
a workspace.

The problem is not that the other client locked it, but that they might
apply changes before you get a chance to prevent them!  I create a Workspace
(or a resource, or a collection).  I want to then set the ACLs so that I'm
the only one that can alter this resource, because it's MINE.  But, in
between the MKWORKSPACE and the subsequent LOCK, the other client comes in
and sets ACLs so that they can write the workspace and I can't!  Ouch.

Null resource went through similar discussions, and was kept for reasons
which apply to MKWORKSPACE the same way they apply to PUT, MKCOL.

lisa