RE: Deleting versions

It's not "vanishingly small" if you lose your network connection between the
MKWORKSPACE and the LOCK request.  Or if the LOCK request is lost.  Or if
the latency is ~2 seconds each way.

If somebody who's not supposed to, gets in and changes something inbetween a
MKWORKSPACE command and a ACL request, that's a serious problem.  Null
resources help avoid that.

It's not that somebody got their MKWORKSPACE request in ahead of
mine --that's not the purpose of null resources at all.

lisa