Re: PROPFIND allprop with more properties

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 02:00:04PM +0200, Stefan Eissing wrote:

> > Von: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
> > [mailto:ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org]Im Auftrag von Clemm, Geoff
> >
> > [...]
> > Julian: If you have a chance to do some interoperability testing
> > with the "unknown element" nested inside of <allprop/>,
> > that would be great, since that would give us a basis for
> > fixing 23.3.1 (i.e. without introducing interoperability
> > issues for existing servers).
>
> Ok, our tests showed that
>    works with moddav, IIS and our servlet, while
>    works with moddav and IIS. Julian's PROPFIND
>    handler is throwing the book at me with 422s.

To beat the horse:

mod_dav uses the following algorithm in its propfind:

1) validate that the root element (if provided) is DAV:propfind
2) if no body was provided, or a DAV:allprop child is present in the root
   element, then the PROPFIND is an "allprop"
3) look for a DAV:propname as a child of the root element; if found, then
   the PROPFIND is a "propname" style
4) look for DAV:prop; if founc, then it is a "prop" style
5) else fail

6) For a prop style fetch, only the immediate child elements (whether a
   start element, or an empty element) of the DAV:prop element are used.
   Children of those elements are not examined.

-- whitespace is completely ignored in the entire PROPFIND processing

So... mod_dav is going to be extremely flexible with any kind of screwing
around you might want to perform in the PROPFIND body :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/