Re: Possible bug in TidyCom.

At 7:29 PM +0000 2/5/02, Matthew Stanfield wrote:

>I'm not sure but I may have found a possible bug in TidyCom.
>
>I'm accessing the dll from a C# program and everything seems to be
>working fine except Options.Doctype. It doesn't seem to make any
>difference if I load a tidy config file with the line "doctype: omit" in
>it or set that option manually in the program, the original line -in
>this case the one below- is always left in.

>I need to get rid of this line to make the tidied output xml compliant
>html.
>
>I've also tried setting the doctype option to a custom string, but this
>doesn't work either although the Options.Doctype property correctly
>displays the custom string if I write it to the screen before calling:
>"TidyToFile(inFilename, outFilename);".

I don't know what version of the base Tidy source code, TidyCom is using,
but there were a number of bugs in the base Tidy source code related to
DOCTYPEs, including issues with "doctype: omit", that we believe have now
been fixed.

You may have to wait for André to update TidyCom to use the latest base
Tidy source code (if it is just a matter of updating a Tidy executable that
TidyCom uses, that is even easier - I don't know enough about TidyCom to
help further). I don't know of any workarounds.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry