RE: Tidy crashes

At 1:30 PM +0100 9/5/01, Adrian Lester wrote:
>Yeah, I can reproduce this bug on in tidy 4 Aug 00.  I was tearing my hair

Thanks for the confirmation.

>having any value.  Report Warnings is passed several parameters, one of
>which is the value of an attribute.  In the case of attribute hello this is
>NULL.  Hence you get this output from tidy...

We have fixed these sorts of problems in the current code.

However I did check the code of my slightly modified 04 Aug 00 version, and
I already had a fix for this problem (which is why I probably couldn't
reproduce the problem) - BUT, it should have printed out "NULL". What I got
instead was :

line 2 column 2 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
line 2 column 6 - Warning: <title> isn't allowed in <body> elements
line 3 column 6 - Warning: <body> isn't allowed in <body> elements
line 4 column 6 - Warning: <font> attribute "hello," lacks value
line 4 column 6 - Warning: unknown attribute "world"

Not quite sure what is confusing Tidy about the title. But I did find the
characters 0xCA (&Ecirc;) used as follows :

0x20 0xCA 0xCA 0x20

for indenting each line of the sample HTML (the first and last lines have a
leading 0x20). I just copied and pasted the original HTML from the EMail.
What platform was this HTML created on? When I used "-mac" encoding, the
0xCA are actually transcoded to 0xA0 which is a &nbsp;

The current version (03 Sep 01) of Tidy produces the following errors for
the same HTML :

line 2 column 2 - Warning: inserting missing 'title' element
line 2 column 6 - Warning: <title> isn't allowed in <body> elements
line 3 column 6 - Warning: <body> isn't allowed in <body> elements
line 4 column 6 - Warning: unknown attribute "hello,"
line 4 column 6 - Warning: unknown attribute "world"

But the output is the same in both versions (slightly edited) :

Regards, Terry