Re: Tidy crashes

Adrian Lester wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Yeah, I can reproduce this bug on in tidy 4 Aug 00.  I was tearing my hair
>out with it last week!  But I thought Tidy was ok about attribute values not
>being "delimited" the culprit in the example code I suspect is hello not
>having any value.  Report Warnings is passed several parameters, one of
>which is the value of an attribute.  In the case of attribute hello this is
>NULL.  Hence you get this output from tidy...
>
>line 4 column 4 - Warning: <font> unknown attribute value "Segmentation
>Fault (core dumped)

Hi,

I reproduce the same core dumped crash for  UNIX (solaris5.5.1)  tidy
(30 April 2000).

MacTidy (MacO 8.6) and TidyGUI (Win2K)  produce " same"  output:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
<head>
"HTML Tidy for Mac OS, see www.w3.org">
<title>Hello World</title>
</head>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
  <head>
    <title>Hello World</title>
  </head>

but differ for 1st error:
MacTidy (vers 4th August 2000) ...
line 4 column 4 - Warning: <font> attribute "hello," lacks value
line 4 column 4 - Warning: unknown attribute "world"

Tidy (vers 4th August 2000) ....
line 4 column 4 - Warning: <font> unknown attribute value "(null)"
line 4 column 4 - Warning: unknown attribute "world"