RE: Problem with <textarea>

No, your explanation has no bearing here.

Whatever is between <textarea> & </textarea> is the *initial value* that
shows up in the multiple-line textbox. So the extra spaces that Tidy inserts
between <textarea> & </textarea> become part of the initial value, and this
is not good, for the reasons I stated in my initial email.

This is a bug, pure & simple, unless Dave Raggett tells me otherwise. It
should be fixed.

Scott

R. Scott Granneman, Granneman Information Solutions
scott@granneman.com || vox: 314-862-4919
  www.granneman.com || fax: 651-319-6023

"I enjoy fireworks but stars is nice too."
     --- New York City taxi cab driver