suppressing/transforming deprecated tags [Re: Tidy putting spurious "/" into tags]

I believe there should be a configuration option to either "leave", "drop"
or "transform to CSS" deprecated attributes.

Most important to me is that tidy's output is VALID HTML, especially
proprietary Microsoft Tags/Attributes should be simply dropped.
Of course some people will disagree, that's why having this as a
configurable option is desirable.

SUGGESTION:
fix-bad-attributes: leave, drop, convert
         If set to _drop_, deprecated attributes will be discarded. If set to
         _convert_, causes Tidy to replace deprecated attributes by appropriate
         style rules. The default is _leave_.

REMARK:
"deprecated" varies depending on the selected DTD, of course... (attributes
that are deprecated in STRICT version might be compliant with the
TRANSITIONAL version, and this should be recognized).

Any comments or objections?

sebastian