Re: newbie question on p:validate-with-xml-schema

From: Conal Tuohy <conal.tuohy@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 12:14:26 +1000
To: David Levy <dml.public@sbcglobal.net>
Cc: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hi David

The XML declaration is purely a serialization feature. Along with other
serialization options, it can be controlled using the serialization
attributes which can be attached to various XProc elements.

If the XML document in question is the output of your entire pipeline, you
should be able to use the p:serialization element to specify how you want
your pipeline's result port to serialize:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#p.serialization

Similarly, if your pipeline is itself responsible for storing the XML, e.g.
using p:store, you can control its serialization directly:

--
Conal Tuohy
http://conaltuohy.com/