newbie question on p:validate-with-xml-schema

From: David Levy <dml.public@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 09:23:44 -0800
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Hello,

I have just begun experimenting with Xproc with reasonable success after a
first day.

I did have one question and I hope I'm not embarrassing myself. When I
submit an XML document to p:validate-with-xml-schema, the output omits the
XML prolog:

	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

causing some (easily-solved) issues in downstream processing. Or I can just
pass the input to p:validate-with-xml-schema to downstream steps and ignore
its output.

But I wonder. Is this intended behavior? Is there an easy way to have
p:validate-with-xml-schema include the prolog in its output?

With thanks,

David Levy