HTTP binding & faultHint

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:53:28 -0500 (EST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
All,

I also noted what I believe to be an error in the state transition table
in section 7.4.1.1.2.  The "faultHint" property is only used on a 500
response, not on any of the 4xx responses.  Related to this, is that the
4xx responses have the next state of "Fail", despite it being very
likely that a SOAP fault could be in the response.  I believe that all
of these (due to RFC 2616 saying that each 4xx response SHOULD have a
body) require that their next state to be "Receiving", and the
"faultHint" property to be set to "true".

BTW, I expected to see faultHint described in the binding framework, but
did not.  It needs some documentation.

MB