Re: xsi:type for multiref targets.

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:53:02 -0500
To: Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> The wrapper
> solution is about the best you can do, since the only other option seems
> to be creating a whole hierarchy of new base types that extend each xsd
> type with the attribute ("id" in this case).

I think I'd prefer to see a "soapenc:type" attribute with similar
semantics to xsi:type, except that it is limited to validating the
content, not the element and its content. This seems simpler than
creating wrappers.  On the other hand, SOAP 1.1 created the type
hierarchy you describe, but it's of limited use in RPC encoding
structures since you'd get naming conflicts if two elements were of the
same type.
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com