RE: Issue with soap-rpc:result

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:06:44 +0100 (CET)
To: "'XMLDISTAPP'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 All,
 it was just pointed out to me by Marc Hadley that we are talking
here about possibly overturning one part of the resolution [1] to
issue 48 [2], namely that RPC depends on the encoding.
 I haven't read the latest messages by Noah and Tim yet, and so
far it seems to me that we are weighing relative merits of making
RPC independent of any particular data encoding.
 In my opinion RPC may, but need not, be built on top of a
particular general data encoding. I think I already summarized my
perceived pros and cons of the two options in [3]. I no longer
favor one above the other.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/