Re: Proposal for resolution of issue 176

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:24:09 -0500
To: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
I didn't say it IS an issue, I just said that the difference in
processing models is likely to cause issues as developers have to
straddle both worlds.  For example, in [1] the reference you cited, the
Infoset says characters are ISO 10646 character codes, "in the range 0
to #x10FFFF", while crypto only uses 8bit bytes. I'm also concerned
about things like PSVI and "values applied from DTD declarations" adding
data which isn't in the XML serialization used by the node hashing
something, e.g.

Again, I'm not saying there ARE problems, just that it's possible.
	/r$

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.character

Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com