Re: Proposal for resolution of issue 176

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:14:38 -0500
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
I'm not sure that the issue is between byte-stream processing
and infoset... see[1].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.character

I think that the issue is what aspects of the Infoset are
intended to be preserved across a binding and beyond as in
the case of intermediaries which are, I believe, the real
source of any issues.

Cheers,

Chris