Re: Proposal for resolution of issue 176

Actually, you can sign the entire message/envelope and
exclude those element info items which are subject to
removal by intermediaries either by means of inclusion or
exclusion. For instance, I might sign all but the SOAP Header
blocks that have an actor attribute, thus preserving the
signature from sender to ultimate recipient. Equally, I might
sign the envelope, excluding all but a set of listed header
blocks that I wish to be signed so as to ensure that in
addition to the header blocks, the envelope element
information item itself were the same as was sent, etc
(so that a MITM couldn't much with namespace decls, etc.
as might be held within the envelope info item and its
direct children).

Cheers,

Chris