Re: sparse arrays - too complex?

 Rich,
 I see how I may seem to be unfair. 8-)
 I like "two-state arrays" because it is easy to implement and
can be more efficient than sending "a zillion" nils.
 I would like "three-state arrays" because they can be much more
efficient in sending "diff" arrays, but I see this as being on
too high a level. SOAP doesn't even have native maps (associative
arrays) and I value maps much higher than "diff" arrays.
 And, "real sparse arrays are too complicated" as well. 8-)
 So my key point is that a "diff" array is a higher-level
specialized structure and as therefore it's not the role of SOAP
to define it.
 Best regards

                            Jacek Kopecky

                            Idoox