Re: sparse arrays - too complex?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:35:15 -0400
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>
CC: Alan Kent <ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au>, SOAP <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
You're not being fair. :)

You like "two-state arrays" because it can be more efficient than
sending "a zillion" elements with xsi:nil.  But then you say
"three-state arrays" can be done by serializing the diff -- which
results in what you don't like for two-state!

Now, I understand that you can still say "real sparse arrays are too
complicated," but I do want to make sure I understand the key point of
your argument.
	/r$
Encryption)
http://www.zolera.com