Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:36:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: henrikn@microsoft.com (Henrik Frystyk Nielsen)
Cc: mnot@mnot.net (Mark Nottingham), jacek@idoox.com (Jacek Kopecky), chris.ferris@Sun.COM (christopher ferris), xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Right, but then why isn't application/xml sufficient?

I'd be perfectly happy with application/xml, if we could
guarantee that practically all XML processors at the other
end of the pipe grokked (and dispatched on) namespaces.

I don't think we're there yet, but I'd like to be proven
wrong.  I've said all along that application/soap+xml is
only a stop-gap until application/xml can be used.