Re: text/xml for SOAP is incorrect

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@idoox.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:08:01 +0200 (CEST)
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
cc: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, christopher ferris <chris.ferris@Sun.COM>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Mark,
 I don't see this stop-gap as necessary, see my argument with
dispatching on access URLs and not on content-type or even
namespaces.
 I see dispatching as very tied with addressing - and which of
the three [access URL, content-type, XML namespace] is the thing
we use for addressing?
 I can't envision a situation where you would have a bunch of XML
documents along with their MIME content-type information but
without any addressing information. And if somebody designs
precisely such an application - well, we aren't able to keep
people from shooting themselves in the foot.
 So I'd give people two options - either give your SOAP
application its access URL or make your general XML processor
know XML namespaces.
 I don't see why we should change MIME dispatchers for special
handling of XML.

                            Jacek Kopecky

                            Idoox
                            http://www.idoox.com/

P.S: 21st century started on Sep 11, 2001