Re: discarding incorrect namespaces

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:25:07 -0700
To: XML Distributed Applications List <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Hi Mark.

I was rereading the spec and noticed that this had been changed.

* Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> [2001-08-17 14:14-0700]
> Finally, considering our versioning model, does it make sense to
> upgrade
>
> "A SOAP application SHOULD include the proper SOAP namespace on all
> elements and attributes defined by SOAP in messages that it
> generates."
>
> to MUST, and strike
>
> "... MAY process SOAP messages without SOAP namespaces as though they had
> the correct SOAP namespaces."
>
> This is in the context of all SOAP namespaces, not just the envelope,
> but it seems prudent to clarify in some fashion.

Section 3 now reads[1]:

   A SOAP node MUST ensure that all element information items and
   attribute information items in messages that it generates are
   correctly namespace qualified.

Is that something we agreed on? I don't remember discussing this. I
like this change, but I would like to check that everybody is aware of
and happy with it. That would resolve issue 135[2].

  1. http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/08/29/soap12-part1.html#reltoxml
  2. http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x135
--
Hugo Haas - W3C