RE: Sun and independent developers

I can tell you Sun reasoning.

Sun felt that XML RPC was a generic term and that XML-RPC referred to a
specific implementation of XML RPC. When Dave raised the issue of trademark
infringement, Sun changed the name to XML-based RPC. End of story. Except
that at least one document wasn't modified to reflect the new name. I trust
that the issue have been addressed by now.

Anne