XML Protocol WG requests comments by XML Core WG on position on XML Base

From: David Orchard <orchard@pacificspirit.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:59:19 -0700
To: XML Core WG <w3c-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
Cc: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Dear XML Core team,

The XML Protocol group would like to ask the XML Core working group for
feedback on a position it is contemplating wrt XML Base.  The proposal by
Noah Mendelsohn at [1].  In summary, it proposes that SOAP 1.2 should
disallow the use of xml:base attributes on SOAP elements, and leave
undefined the behaviour of relative URIs.

I'd like to have this on Wednesday's agenda if possible.  I think our
options are roughly
1) The text and premise are fine
2) The text and premise aren't fine, and here's the reasoning why.

Dave Orchard