RE: Sun and independent developers

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:06:11 -0700
To: "Kurt Cagle" <kurt@kurtcagle.net>, <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de>, <xml-rpc@yahoogroups.com>, <soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com>, <decentralization@yahoogroups.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
>Actually, I think there's a pretty standard general usage.

>XML RPC is a generic term that is used to describe any XML based remote
>procedure call language, and could just as easily subsume SOAP, for

Just out of curiosity, is that really true in others experience?  I have
personally heard people talk about "XML-based RPC" or "XML Procedure
Calls" and many other variations.  I do not believe that I have *ever*
heard or seen anyone use "XML RPC" to mean "XML-based RPC" (other than
in the context of this particular discussion).  I would be interested in
evidence that this is really such a standard general usage as opposed to
something like "XML-based RPC".