Re: SOAP and the Web architecture

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:59:58 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
* Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> [2001-08-27 23:47-0400]
> > Arguable. What spec. restricts the complexity of data sent
> > through GET?
>
> No spec, merely (nearly) every real world implementation.

Actually, I found some interesting text in RFC2616[1] which I would
like to have more context about:

  10.4.15 414 Request-URI Too Long

   The server is refusing to service the request because the Request-URI
   is longer than the server is willing to interpret. This rare condition
   is only likely to occur when a client has improperly converted a POST
   request to a GET request with long query information [..]

Maybe I am going to find some info about that in the references sent
out by Larry.

  1. http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.4.15
--
Hugo Haas - W3C