Re: DR8xx - message path model

From: MOREAU Jean-Jacques <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:37:47 +0100
To: Lucas Gonze <lucas@worldos.com>
CC: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>, "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Lucas Gonze wrote:

> Regarding 3.4:
> "intermediaries cannot be implicitly defined but must be an explicit part of the
> message path model for any data encapsulation language."
>
> This is murky about whether message paths themselves need to be explicit.  This
> wording may be more clear:
> "Support for intermediaries in a message path must be directly addressed within
> the specification."

Lucas, thanks for your text, I think it's clearer; but we are once again hitting
this same issue: the text was taken directly from the charter, and we are strongly
encouraged NOT to change the charter!

David, this seems like an improvement, it would be a pity to loose it; is there
anything we can do about it?

Jean-Jacques.