Re: [DR303] Modularity

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Martin Gudgin wrote:

> While I agree entirely with making things modular, I'm nervous about having
> too many optional features in XP. Optionality makes interop harder not
> easier. I realise that this DR is not suggesting any optional features but
> is 'laying the foundation'.
>
> Gudge

Gudge, you have to keep in mind that the protocol has to address different
needs. You could use XP for an embedded system and in this case footprint
size and simplicity are of capital importantce or you can use it on super
computers where you do not care about resources so you can have a "full"
implementation of XP. That's way the layering foundation is of capital
importantce.

- Octav