Re: A personal plea for peace and just a wee bit of patience (and I do mean a wee bit)

From: Daniel W. Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:35:35 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi. Do I know you?

My computer doesn't recognize your email address; this must be the
first time you've contacted me from that address (since August 1998,

I get so much email that it's not practical for me to reply to
all of it. So I use this automated message to let you know that
yes, your message reached my email inbox <connolly@w3.org>
and to set expectations about a response:

* If you're a friend or somebody I work with, you can probably ignore
this message; I'll probably get back to you in a day or two or chat
with you about it in an upcoming meeting; if I don't, you might want
to send your message again or try the phone. Sorry.  If you're having
trouble contacting me for professional purposes, see:
	How to Contact the W3C

* If you're a reporter, please see:
	W3C Press Information

* If you're contacting magazine editors, note that WebApps magazine
folded Jun 1997 (see http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/WebApps/ for details)

* If you are inviting me to speak, write, or otherwise take on a new
commitment, please be patient. If you need a bio, vita, etc., see
my home page at http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

* If you're writing for technical help with Web technologies,
please try the public discussion forums first:
	XML	xml-dev etc. (see http://www.w3.org/XML/#discussion)
	HTML	www-html etc. (see http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/#forums)
	...	USENET, etc. (see http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/#links)

* If your message is Unsolicited Commercial Email (see http://www.cauce.org),
I hereby opt out and I warn you that I may sue for damages.

* If you need a response from me personally, right away, you might
try paging me at mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org ; put your phone
number in the subject, and keep in mind that only the first 200
characters get to the pager (the rest, I'll eventually see via
regular email).

Dan Connolly, W3C
tel:+1-512-310-2971 (office, mobile)
mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org (put your tel# in the Subject:)