The Two Way Web

From: Mark Baker <mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:23:59 -0500
To: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
CC: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, fielding@ics.uci.edu
Hi Dave,

Dave Winer wrote:
> After the BOF I put all my thoughts together, and gave a keynote speech at
> XTech from that, so anyone who wants to know what I think can read it,
> without transcription error.
>
> http://davenet.userland.com/2000/03/02/theTwowayweb

Too bad I couldn't be there, but that was a good read.  Thanks.

Some questions though, if you don't mind.

In your talk, you said;
> I heard people say yesterday that they've never heard a reason why
> XML-RPC technology is needed, but hopefully at this point no one can
> say that.  I believe the Two-Way-Web is the most compelling vision
> since the Web itself.

Why do you believe those two sentences go hand-in-hand?  What's
wrong with WebDAV[1] for the two-way-web?  Or even Wiki[2] if
low-tech is ok?

 [1] http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/
 [2] http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb

MB