Re: A personal plea for peace and just a wee bit of patience (and I do mean a wee bit)

"Box, Don" wrote:

> No one had concrete criticisms of the SOAP serialization format. That does
> not mean it is perfect. However, it means that no one who has looked at the
> spec has any credible technical show-stoppers that they are willing to share
> in an open forum.

I personally like XMI 1.1 serialization algorithm more. It is
more simple to decode and encode then SOAP one if schema is
used. Without schema it is a bit more difficult to get types
of values. I would suggest to consider XMI algorithm for payload
encoding.

XMI 1.1 Specification can be downloaded at
Main Document: http://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/ad/99-10-03.pdf
Appendices: http://ftp.omg.org/pub/docs/ad/99-10-02.pdf

To get feel of the spec, please look at "99-10-03" document at
examples section.

I would like to discussion to continue in xml-dist-app@w3.org
only. It has very low trafic currently.

To be used for RPC it need some additions like standard
array type.

Constantine